The LAUNCH Elite CRP129X is a professional-grade diagnostic scanner that is designed to help you troubleshoot and diagnose problems with your vehicle with its advanced features and capabilities, it is a great investment for professional mechanics.
LAUNCH Elite CRP129X Scanner
October 3, 2023
Here is a brief review of the features and capabilities of the Elite CRP129X scanner:
- The scanner is compatible with a wide range of vehicles, including most 1996 and newer OBDII-compliant vehicles.
- It comes with a large 5-inch color touchscreen display that is easy to read and navigate.
- The scanner comes with Android 7.0, 16 GB storage and has a fast processing speed and can quickly retrieve diagnostic information from your vehicle’s onboard computer.
- The scanner is equipped with advanced diagnostic features, including the ability to read and clear codes, view live data, perform active tests, and reset systems – compatible with all car models after 1996.
- The scanner can also perform special functions like oil reset, EPB (electronic parking brake) reset, SAS (steering angle sensor) calibration and TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) reset.
- The scanner can diagnose a wide range of issues with your vehicle, including engine, transmission, ABS (anti-lock braking system), SRS (supplemental restraint system), and more.
- The scanner can retrieve diagnostic information from your vehicle’s onboard computer, including fault codes, freeze frame data, live data, and more.
- The scanner can display live data in graph or text format, making it easy to understand and analyze.
- The scanner can perform active tests on various vehicle systems, including the engine, transmission, ABS, and more.
LAUNCH Tech Co., Ltd. is a Chinese company that specializes in the production of automotive diagnostic equipment and tools. Since its inception, in 1992, LAUNCH has been committed to the development of innovative and high-quality products that help automotive professionals and enthusiasts diagnose and repair vehicles.
Over the years, LAUNCH has become a leading provider of automotive diagnostic equipment and has earned a reputation for producing reliable and user-friendly products, especially in the UK.
The company’s product line includes a wide range of diagnostic scanners, code readers, and other diagnostic tools, all of which are designed to help users troubleshoot and diagnose problems with vehicles quickly and accurately.
Scanner Design and Hardware
The LAUNCH Elite CRP129X scanner has a sleek and modern design with a black and red color scheme. The scanner is compact and portable, measuring 9.2 x 7.4 x 1.7 inches and weighing just 2.6 pounds, making it easy to take with you on the go.
The scanner features a large 5-inch color touchscreen display that is bright and easy to read. The display is surrounded by a black bezel and features red accents on the buttons and text, giving the scanner a stylish and professional look.
The buttons on the scanner are arranged in a logical and intuitive layout, with quick access buttons for common functions like reading and clearing codes, as well as dedicated buttons for more advanced functions like active tests and special functions.
Overall, the LAUNCH Elite CRP129X scanner has a modern and attractive design that is both functional and stylish. The compact and portable design makes it easy to take with you wherever you go, while the large color touchscreen display and intuitive button layout make it easy to use, even for those who are new to automotive diagnostics.
The Box Includes
- The LAUNCH Elite CRP129X scanner typically comes with the following items in the box:
- LAUNCH Elite CRP129X scanner unit – The main unit of the scanner features a large color touchscreen display and all of the buttons and controls on the left side of the screen.
- OBDII diagnostic cable – A cable that connects the scanner to your vehicle’s OBDII port to retrieve diagnostic information.
- USB cable – A cable that connects the scanner to your computer for software updates.
- User manual – A detailed guide that provides instructions on how to use the scanner and its various functions.
- Carrying case – A protective case that allows you to safely transport the scanner and its accessories.
Here are some tips and precautions to keep in mind when using the LAUNCH Elite CRP129X scanner:
- Make sure to read the user manual carefully before using the scanner to ensure that you understand all of the device’s features and functions.
- When connecting the diagnostic cable to your vehicle’s OBDII port, make sure that the vehicle’s engine is turned off to avoid damaging the onboard computer.
- Always disconnect the diagnostic cable from the scanner and the vehicle when you are finished using the device to prevent any damage or wear and tear.
- When performing active tests or special functions, make sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging your vehicle or causing further problems.
- Keep the scanner and its accessories clean and free from dust and debris to ensure that the device continues to work properly.
The LAUNCH Elite CRP129X offers a vast array of features to help technicians in performing advanced diagnostic functions.
One of its notable features is its bi-directional control system, which enables the scanner to send commands to various systems and components, including the engine, transmission, ABS, and airbag systems, to perform specific tests or functions. We believe that this feature is highly beneficial in diagnosing and repairing complex issues by simulating real-world driving conditions.
Another advanced diagnostic function that the scanner offers is ECU coding. It allows technicians to reprogram the vehicle’s ECU with updated software and configuration files to optimize its performance, improve fuel efficiency, and reduce emissions.
We think that this feature can be useful in fixing various problems related to the ECU, such as engine misfires, rough idling, or reduced power output, by optimizing the vehicle’s performance and diagnosing issues that may be difficult to identify using traditional diagnostic methods.
Another primary function of the LAUNCH Elite CRP129X diagnostic tool is to read and clear any diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) stored in your vehicle’s onboard computer.
These codes indicate specific issues with a particular system or component in your vehicle. By using this function, you can easily identify and resolve any problems, which can save you money and time by avoiding unnecessary trips to the mechanic.
Another crucial function of the tool is the Live Data Stream feature, which allows you to monitor live sensor data from your vehicle’s onboard computer.
This data includes engine RPM, coolant temperature, and vehicle speed, among others, and can be used to identify issues that may not be evident from a DTC.
For instance, you can use this function to monitor fuel trims and oxygen sensor readings to pinpoint the cause of poor fuel economy. This function is essential in diagnosing issues quickly and accurately, which can save you time and money in the long run.
he scanner does have a unique feature called the AutoVIN technology, which can quickly identify the make, model, and year of a vehicle by simply scanning its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). This feature can save technicians time and prevent errors that can occur when manually entering vehicle information.
Technical functions of the LAUNCH Elite CRP129X
here’s a detailed explanation of why and how we find the 8 special service functions of the LAUNCH Elite CRP129X useful:
- Oil Reset Service: The Oil reset service function is used to reset the oil life monitor system after an oil change, allowing the system to accurately track the remaining oil life. This helps prevent premature engine wear and damage by ensuring that the engine oil is changed at the appropriate intervals.
- EPB (Electronic Parking Brake) Service: This function is used to reset and calibrate the electronic parking brake system after servicing the brake components. This helps ensure that the parking brake is functioning properly and safely.
- SAS (Steering Angle Sensor) Service: Function is used to calibrate the steering angle sensor after certain steering or suspension components have been replaced. This helps ensure that the vehicle’s electronic stability control system is functioning properly, which is critical for safe handling and manoeuvrability.
- Battery Management System (BMS) Service: Function is used to register a new battery with the vehicle’s onboard computer after replacement. This helps ensure that the vehicle’s charging system is operating properly and prevents premature battery failure.
- DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) Regeneration Service: Used to initiate a regeneration cycle of the diesel particulate filter to remove accumulated soot and prevent clogging. This helps ensure that the vehicle meets emissions standards and prevents performance issues.
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) Service: This function is used to activate or deactivate the tire pressure monitoring system sensors and reset the system after replacing or rotating tires. This helps ensure that the system is accurately monitoring tire pressure, which is important for safety and fuel efficiency.
- IMMO (Immobilizer) Service: This function is used to program or reprogram the vehicle’s immobiliser system, which is designed to prevent theft by disabling the engine. This helps ensure that the system is functioning properly and prevents unauthorized access to the vehicle.
- Injector Coding Service: This function is used to program or reprogram the fuel injectors on certain vehicles, which can improve engine performance and fuel efficiency. This helps ensure that the injectors are operating at their optimal settings and prevents engine damage or failure.
Launch CRP 129E vs CRP 129X vs CRP 129
Launch CRP 129E is an higher priced professional diagnostic tool that supports similar basic diagnostic functions such as reading and clearing diagnostic trouble codes, displaying live data stream, and performing basic system tests, the only difference is that the 129E is compatible with a wider spectrum of car manufacturers. It also has a 5-inch touchscreen display and can diagnose up to 10 OBD2 modes. The CRP 129E is priced at a higher price point compared to the other two scanners.
Launch CRP 129X is a mid-range diagnostic tool that includes more advanced features and functions than the CRP 129. It also has the ability to generate diagnostic reports and share them wirelessly. The CRP 129X is priced higher than the CRP 129 but still considered affordable for the features it offers.
Launch CRP 129 is the less capable version of the CRP 129X – but it still does the job for DIYers and has similar features but lacks some of the advanced diagnostic functions. It has a smaller 3.5-inch screen display. The CRP 129 is priced lower than the CRP 129X.
From a buyer’s point of view, the Launch CRP 129X is priced slightly higher than the other two models, but it offers great value for its features and capabilities. It is an excellent investment for professional mechanics, DIY enthusiasts, and anyone who wants to have a reliable and comprehensive diagnostic tool at their disposal.
Based on the features and capabilities of the Launch CRP129X, it appears to be a powerful diagnostic tool that can provide accurate and detailed information about a wide range of vehicle systems.
If you’re a DIY enthusiast or a professional mechanic, the Launch CRP129X can be a good investment, as it offers advanced features such as bidirectional control, ECU coding, and live data streaming, in addition to the basic diagnostic functions.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that the tool may have a steeper learning curve and may require some technical knowledge to operate effectively. It’s also important to ensure that the tool is compatible with your specific vehicle make and model before purchasing.
Overall, the Launch CRP129X seems to be a well-rounded and capable diagnostic tool that can provide valuable insights into vehicle problems and help with accurate and effective repairs. Visit our store & blog to consider more opinions!
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.