The Launch scan tool has become a high-demand item because it can provide essential diagnostic information when a car’s wiring harness has been damaged. Amongst the Launch brand, CRP909, CRP909E, and CRP909X are the most popular scan tools for vehicles from different angles.
With a wide range of features and an easy-to-use design, these items can identify the trouble with the latest features. When you’re confused about choosing one from Launch CRP909 Vs. CRP909E Vs. CRP909X, this post will help you to take a decision.
Why? Because in this post, I will share in detail information about the items, their similarities, and differences so that it may help you to decide. So, no more talk; let’s continue!
Launch CRP909, CRP909E, CRP909X In-depth Review
1. Launch CRP909
The Launch CRP909 is an OBD2 scan tool for professional mechanics, auto enthusiasts, and do-it-yourselfers. It plugs into your car’s OBD2 port and can be used to diagnose problems ranging from spark plug misfires to bad air pump motors.
What I liked about this device was how easy it was to use. It also scanned out information faster than others. Literally, within seconds, you could see what was wrong with your vehicle if anything was wrong.
Also, having so much information at your fingertips makes it so easy to go and check on things yourself. I am pleased with my purchase of the CRP909 Scanner. It works great, much better than I expected! The quality is excellent.
Now, I do not worry about vehicle problems while driving during my vacations. I read some comments on the website, and I was afraid that I could not reset the Service Light of my car, but everything is OK now. The CRP909 is an excellent product for its price. It works exceptionally well and has pre-set memory options that make it easy to use.
2. Launch CRP909E
For my car, there is nothing better than to get it up and running as quickly as possible. This was the best tool to save a lot of time. My car has been running smoothly. It has been a long time since I last used it. I was happy to get it back up and running with this Scanner’s help.
The Launch CRP909E is a professional diagnostic OBD2 scan tool for all 1996 and later gasoline-powered vehicles. It includes most of the latest coverage and OBD2 protocols required and desired by today’s technician.
With the CRP909E, you can read and clear the generic, manufacturer-specific, and most other stored codes. It also provides you with all available real-time parameters in your vehicle to help you better diagnose your vehicle. The CRP909E also can perform programming and coding on module systems.
It supports vital coding, control unit programming, and powertrain module reprogramming. This great scan tool is also remarkable with its mobile phone connected feature. It’s a complete package of diagnostic, programming, code scanning, and resetting functions in one multi-language scan tool.
3. Launch CRP909X
Do you have a car with ABS, SAS, and IMMO? If not, and you fear it’s already too late to learn how to do these things yourself, this product might be worth buying. This Scanner can diagnose many auto problems in a concise amount of time.
You will also be able to find out the owner’s information with ease. For those who are looking for an advanced tool for their vehicle, this is the perfect gift. This tool can be used for both OBD and OBD2 systems.
People who are interested in the professional diagnostic tool will not be disappointed by the results it provides. The diagnostic scan can quickly diagnose a wide range of auto problems. There are only a few auto devices that you will have to buy separately, and this is only if you don’t have one already.
Connecting this device to your computer and start using it is effortless. However, some users have complained that the on-screen interface looks outdated. Nevertheless, all issues should be easily solved with regular updates.
Similarities Between Launch Crp909, Crp909e and Crp909x
Here are the similarities I would like to share with you, those are:
- TPMS Report: Displays unique TPMS sensor IDs from the vehicle’s ECU, entering replacement TPMS sensor IDs and testing the sensors. These unique TPMS sensor IDs are stored in the scan tool’s memory and can be used as shown below:
- Battery Test & Monitoring: CRP909, CRP909E, and CRP909X come with a built-in battery tester. It can quickly test one or all of the vehicle’s 12V batteries and check their status and condition. Furthermore, an option is available to display the battery voltage and temperature. This feature helps not only in maintaining healthy batteries but also in diagnosing problems. The scan tool also monitors the voltage of each battery cell, which provides a record of its history and current status.
- Freeze Frame: Launch CRP909 series support freeze frame, which allows you to quickly take a snapshot of the current running state of the vehicle’s engine and various systems and show them on screen for a better understanding of the problem at hand when no information is available.
- Live Data Streaming: Launch CRP909 series can stream the data stored in its local network via RDP, FTP, or Data Link Protocol (DDP) to any PC with an internet connection. The scan tool can also be configured to receive data from onboard CAN-bus and CAN devices.
- It will allow users to extract the data directly from the vehicle’s ECU and display it on the PC screen without needing further software installation. This feature allows users to gain more information while troubleshooting a vehicle’s electrical system.
- OBD-II Functionality: Launch CRP909, CRP909E, and CRP909X are certified by the OBD-II Data Link Connectivity (ELD) standard. It allows you to read or clear trouble codes stored in the ECU and perform other related functions via the scan tool.
- Modbus Communication Protocol: Launch CRP900 series supports Modbus communication protocol, allowing users to integrate additional devices into its network via the RS232 interface.
- Free Software Updates: They support free software updates when a new version is released. The user must provide this scan tool’s serial number, which is then verified to confirm the eligibility for software updates. The serial number is also on the bottom of the scan tool’s case or its sticker.
- 99% vehicle coverage: Launch CRP900 series has been certified by OBD-II Data Link Connectivity (ELD) standard and is capable of communicating with 99% of the current vehicles on the road today.
Differences Between Launch Crp909, Crp909e and Crp909x
Here are the differences I would like to share with you, those are:
- Touchscreen Quality: Launch CRP909E is equipped with a more prominent 7″ complete touchscreen display. Compared to the TFT color display like others. It saves a lot of space on the user’s work area or desktop. It also allows for better control over its functions and can be used for on-screen programming. Launch CRP909 is available in two different versions: Launch CRP909 and Launch CRP909E. Both are equipped with a built-in PC card slot. It allows users to use a wide range of PC-based software applications to perform scan tool functions without needing an additional computer or laptop.
- EPB: Launch CRP909X has a diagnostic ability for Electronic Parking Brakes (EPB). It is also equipped with an additional USB port, giving users more flexibility to connect accessories.
- Oscilloscope: Launch CRP909E series can display live data from the vehicle’s ECU using an oscilloscope. The oscilloscope feature is still developing and may not work on some models.
- One-Click Update via Wifi: Launch CRP909E comes with Wifi connectivity that allows users to update the scan tool via Wifi connection. While the other models do not contain these features.
- Comes with SST: SST is an advanced software application that can perform additional functions, such as trip recording and data analysis, besides its factory-installed programming capabilities.
- Auto VIN Scan: Launch CRP908E comes with an advanced auto VIN scan feature that automatically detects. It reads the vehicle’s VIN code to update the scan tool. This saves the user from manually entering the vehicle’s VIN code to locate vehicles manufactured.
- ECU Information: Launch CRP909E is equipped with an option to display ECU information from the network systems, including the vehicle’s ECU, which displays all the details about your vehicle and its components.
- Service Code Resetting: All models can read fault codes, clear trouble codes, and reset service codes to all OBD-II-compliant vehicles built.
Which one is the best among them: Launch CRP909 Vs. CRP909E Vs. CRP909X?
There are some differences between the Launch CRP900 series, which make a choice a bit difficult. Launch CRP909 is equipped with a one-button programming interface, while launch CRP909E and launch CRP909X come with color LED displays.
Launch CRP909 has the largest display of all of them and can display a lot more than others. Launch CRP909E is equipped with a touchscreen, while launch crp907 and launch crp907X do not come with touchscreens.
Launch crp908E Comes with an Automatic VIN Scan Function, which helps more accessible programming for all vehicle models. On the other hand, the others do not provide that. So amongst the 3 scanner tools, Launch CRP909, CRP909E, and CRP909X, Launch CRP909E is the best and latest scanner tool.
If you ask me to compare Launch CRP909 Vs. CRP909E Vs. FOR a CRP909X scan tool, I would like to go for Launch CRP909E. Because it is equipped with the latest features and technology than other alternatives.
Additionally, it is easy to install and can be used by both experienced techs & non-techs alike. If you are looking for a reliable and powerful scan tool to help you in your daily repair work, I recommend Launch CRP909E.
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.