The Launch CRP129 is an excellent scanner that comes with a wealth of features. Launch CRP129 Review This scanner caters to semi-professional and professional mechanics. It is a blend of features of the Cresetter II oil lamp reset tool and Launch CRP123 oil lamp reset tool.
If you work on a variety of automobiles regularly, this scanner is a must-have. It’s fantastic that this scanner is an all-in-one gadget. It’s a scanner that won’t cause you any problems and will make working on a car a lot easier and faster for you. If you’ve ever bought car tools before, you’ll know that the Launch CRP129 Review is highly cost-effective.
Launch CRP129 Advance Obd2 Scanner Review
- 🎁【FREE GIFT AVAILABLE】: Just click "Extra Savings" under price and add both to your cart to get a FREE TPMS activation Tool which works for GM cars orchoose battery tester for 6v/12v cars.
- 👍2023 NEW ELITE VERSION OF LAUNCH CRP129E: 4 system diagnostics & 8 reset functions & 10 obdii modes + Health Report Generation-Launch crp129e scan tool reset ENG/SAS/ABS/AT systems,8 most used special reset capabilities (Steering Angle Calibration (SAS), BMS ,D.P.F, Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), Oil Lamp Reset,injector coding,TPMS, Throttle Position Reset). you can also generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution.
- 💯 4 IN 1 LIVE DATA & DATA RECORD & PLAYBACK: 4 in1 graphing parameter for 4 main systems. ➤ Auto-VIN for quick and accurate identification.➤Graphing Live data and the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. ➤Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text format and graph format. ➤Diagnostic Record in 4 ways:1)Graph2)Combine3)Value4)Frame Playback➤Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning.
- 🆚UPGRADED VERSION OF CRP123(E): ➤1)5 inch bigger touch screen 2) 6100mAh faster charge battery 3) One-Click WIFI Update allow you use the newest software all time free 4) Graphing the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. 5) Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning. 6) Google search DTC definition online. 7) AutoVIN scan. 8) one to one diagnostic feedback from Launch Tech.9) Share & Print healthy report.
- 💌LIFETIME FREE UPDATE & ONLINE TECH SUPPORT: One-click WiFi free updates on internet for lifetime ➤ 5 years warranty for quality issue for Launch crp129e from Launch Tech.➤ Lifetime help online with multilingual support: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, etc.,Lifetime help online and 5 years warranty,60 days no reason return and replacement. Ask Q&A on this page or email seller, you will get help within 12 hours.
- 🚗EXPAND VEHICLE COVERAGE: UP TO 2020/2021/2022- Cover OBD1/OBD2/EOBD/JOBD:Abbas, Acura, Alfa Romeo, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, BMW-Brilliance, Bugatti, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Dacia, Daewoo, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat, Ford, Faking, General Motors (GM), Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Isuzu Thailand, Jaguar, Jeep, KIA, Lancia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Maybach, Mazda, Mini Cooper, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault more....
- 【COMPREHENSIVE SCAN TOOL】Featuring reading/clearing codes and viewing live data for four important systems (engine/transmission/ABS/SRS) and special reset functions (Oil Reset, EPB/SAS Reset), this scan tool is a great choice for mechanics to facilitate their diagnostic analysis
- 【WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE】LAUNCH CRP129 code reader works on over 40 OBD2 complaint vehicles after 2006, and the diesel models of 12 Voltage. You may consult us about the coverage via Q&A/Email before purchase, leaving out unnecessary time and troubles
- 【FULL OBD2 FUNCTIONS】To most car owners, an obd2 scanner’s ability to read codes and do smog tests is what matters. This launch OBD2 scanner supports full OBD2 tests including I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests etc., that will keep your mind from worrying about emission checks
- 【USER-FRIENDLY DESIGNS】LAUNCH CReader CRP129 is 7.4 inches long and 4.4 inches high, enabling it to be easily operated and stored. It displays data clearly with TFT LCD screen and responses within seconds, making diagnostic work smooth, simple and fast
- 【WARRANTY & UPGRADE】The diagnostic tool provides 12-month warranty from the date of purchase and lifetime free online upgrade. Notice: The upgrade can be finished with Window-based computer ONLY. The “Password”, i.e. register code, can be found in “help” application
OEM expanded capability is included in the CRP 129, as one would consider a larger scan tool. Steering angle reset, Electronic parking brake release, and service reminder reset are just a few of the features available. Manufacturer-specific code definitions, Quick boot-up, DTC-specific trouble-shooter recommendations, PC printing, and free internet updates are all included in the program.
It also can show and graph real-time PID information for A/T, ABS, and SRS, as well as comprehensive OBDII functionality. The LAUNCH CRP129 is a tiny diagnostic instrument designed specifically for auto Dyers, small repair firms, and anyone who wishes to be more efficient while making car repairs.
- It is easy to read codes and reset any lights because of its well-designed interface.
- LAUNCH CRP 129 is not only used to read check engine lights but it can also read other lights too making it exceedingly versatile.
- It can also run the oxygen test on your car and also the carbon canister test. It can do a lot than just DTC codes making it very budget-friendly for everything.
- It supports all 10 test modes for OBD-II cars, which is excellent.
- It can also perform Engine, Transmission, ABS, and Airbag diagnoses.
- This scanner can do pretty much everything. It can reset your check engine light, oil light, brake block, and the correct steering angle system.
- Other than clearing codes for you, it also has an SD card slot. Providing you the functionality to save codes and information from the build-in book.
- Just plug it in, and it will kick on. It does not have a battery, which is a good thing because it is always ready to work.
- The small size of this scanner makes it easy to keep with you all the time.
- Since it has no battery so it must be connected to power when in operation.
- LAUNCH CRP 129 doesn’t check TPMs.
- It has lesser functionality in comparison with 129E and 129X.
- You have to register the device by vising the Autel site which, is one of the biggest challenges of utilizing this code reader. It is also a bit complicated for newbies to the user with much ease.
- It is not compatible with iOS devices which is making it not compatible with people using iOS and Android Devices.
- It also has compatibility issues. Even though it is declared that this scanner can work on all 1996 and newer Asian, European, and US vehicles which are not true. CRP129 is more compatible with most vehicle makes and models manufactured from 2006 and beyond.
- It does not have Auto VIN.
- You have to spend a little time when downloading since it does not include the software CD to use with your computer.
1. Real-Time Data Stream Analysis
It allows you to use a waveform display to analyze the real-time data stream for rapid and accurate diagnoses. The LAUNCH CRP129 scanner can read OBDII/ENG/AT/ABS/SRS (Airbag) data streaming which, displays the specified four systems’ live data readiness.
2. Support Different System
CRP 129 supports diagnoses of four systems – Engine, Automatic Transmission (AT), ABS, and Airbag (SRS). As a result, you can be confident that any issues with key systems, such as fuel injection, exhaust emission, engine injection, all braking components, and the health state of the SRS system, will be identified.
3. Automatic Transmission
The Automatic Transmission (AT) is a type of vehicle transmission that alters the gear ratios on its own as the vehicle drives, eliminating the need for manual shifting.
4. Oil Maintenance Reset
This feature helps to turn off the warning light and reset the Engine Oil Life system, which estimates an ideal oil life replacement interval based on the vehicle’s driving circumstances and environment. Every time the oil is changed, the Oil Life Reminder must be reset such that the system can determine when the next oil reform is required.
5. Airbag Reset Scan Tool
Launch CRP 129 allows you to test your airbag system to determine if all of the sensors and circuits are running smoothly. You could even read live data to track the passenger airbag status and remove codes to reset the airbag light once the diagnostics and repairs are completed. You can save time while using the built-in DTC library (for code definitions).
6. SAS Reset
The SAS requires a reset at any moment for any cause to guarantee accurate calibration for adjusted alignment. After the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) has been replaced, it is calibrated. The steering angle sensor is an important component that monitors the angle and rate of rotation of the steering wheel.
7. Minimal and Modest Design
The device is simple to operate due to its tiny and stylish appearance. It won’t be a problem because you’ll be working on a variety of vehicles. It is extremely light, weighing only 1.5 pounds. It also comes with a strong carrying bag for the unit’s appropriate and secure storage.
8. Speed and Efficiency
Unlike many other inexpensive scan equipment, the CRP129 code reader will assist you in diagnosing your vehicle quickly and correctly. As a result, you won’t have to wait long for the gadget to answer. Simply connect and play.
9. User Interface
Anyone with a basic understanding of equipment may utilize CRP 129. It contains a big 3.5-inch color display screen for simple and rapid interaction, as well as the ability to display all code reader data and outcomes. You don’t have a lot of experience with this diagnostic scanner, and you can always refer to the user manual if you ever get stuck.
10. OBD II Test Modes
Read/Erase Codes, Turn off MIL, I/M Readiness, Data Stream, Freeze Frame, O2 Sensor Test, On-board Monitor Test, EVAP System Test, and Read Vehicle Info are among the 10 OBDII test modes supported by Launch CRP 129.
11. ABS Diagnostic Code Reader
It also allows you to do numerous bi-directional tests to assess the Anti-lock Braking System’s operational conditions and switch off the warning light. You can also use the ABS to read and remove DTCs as well as examine real-time data flow inside the system for a more in-depth analysis of running circumstances.
1. Multiple Languages
It supports multiple languages including, Spanish, Portuguese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Russian.
2. Free Update
It is linked to a PC via a USB connection for data upgrades and printing. CRP129 not only has a stylish design, a user-friendly operating interface, and functionality, but it also has access to vital free software upgrades that Launch distributes through the internet with multilingual assistance.
3. One-Year Warranty
It is a dependable and durable tool that will last for many years. It’s also a good investment because the manufacturer offers a one-year guarantee. So, if there’s a problem, you’ll either receive a new one or have it repaired.
4. Plug and Play
CRP129 has been improved to a “plug-and-play” version with minimal boot time, allowing you to get up and running quickly for diagnostic work. Make everything you do feel effortless, natural, and straightforward. It is popular among technicians as a pro.
Launch CRP129 Review vs CRP129X vs CRP129E
LAUNCH CRP 129
|LAUNCH CRP 129X||
LAUNCH CRP 129E
|OBD II Functions( 10 test modes)||10/10||10/10||10/10|
|SAS calibration, EPB, and Oil Reset||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Battery Monitoring||Voltage Testing||Voltage real-time monitoring, testing, graphing.||Voltage real-time monitoring, testing, graphing.|
|Supported Vehicles||40+||57+||63+(including hybrid)|
|Display||3.5” TFT LCD||5” TFT LCD||5” LCD Touch Screen|
|Throttle Position Reset||–||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced service functions||6/10||8/10||8/10|
Can this be used to re-create the readiness code?
Launch CRP129 Scan Tool can’t recreate readiness code.
Is a monthly membership required for this scanner?
Launch CRP 129 support lifetime free online update
Will this read 4 wheel drive codes?
Launch CRP129 OBDII scanner will read codes from 4 systems (Engine, Transmission, ABS, Airbag System).
Is it necessary for me to register this device before using it?
Yes, you have to register before using it. Visit the Autel website, fill in the details required and wait for a code. After you’ve received the code, enter it where it’s asked, and you’re ready to use the scanner. If you don’t, you will not be able to utilize this scanner.
Small auto repair companies and expert technicians will benefit from the Autel Launch CRP129 Review. CRP 129 is a long-lasting product. With this tool, you’ll be able to work on a variety of automobile types while saving time and money on device acquisition. It can assist them in diagnosing both fundamental and specialized tasks.
The scan tool’s elegant and small design makes it enjoyable and simple to use. However, like any other tool, it has flaws that do not exceed the advantages it delivers. After reading this Launch CRP129 review, I hope you have all of your questions answered.
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.