Does the Innova 3150rs tick these checklists? Yes or No?
You’ll find your answers in this meticulous Innova 3150 review.
You see, there’s more to this device than meets the eyes, and whatever you might have heard about it before stumbling here doesn’t really matter because this elaborate Innova 3150 review will break down the myth surrounding this device in very simple terms.
Here’s a highlight of what this Innova 3150rs review holds for you:
- The Review; An objective Innova 3150 review.
- Detailed analysis of the key features in Innova 3150rs.
- The advanced features that are programmed on this OBD-II scan device.
- What are the differences between Innova 3150 Rs Vs. 3160 Rs.
- Answers to the frequently asked questions on the 3150rs.
Let’s get things underway.
Innova 3150 Review
Maybe you have heard somewhere that the Innova 3150rs is the worst scan tool ever. It is merely an exaggeration. Although, this rather promising device falls short in some regard. For instance, you may experience some difficulty when updating this device’s software. It’s either it stops midway or the device fails to bring the prompt.
You may discover that this device is incompatible with your vehicle only after buying it. Save yourself from this costly mistake by checking your vehicle’s compatibility on Innova’s coverage checker. Where this device excels is in its lightweight, which ensures you can carry it around without problems. Also, its buttons are fairly responsive.
Where the Innova 3150rs device truly stands out is in its diagnosis and clearing of error codes in a vehicle. Asides from clearing the fault codes, it also decodes the error in real-time. This goes to say this device is easy to use, and you can easily read reports via your mobile phone even though it’s currently impossible to print these reports.
For first-time users of OBD-II scanners, this device is a good option since it has every basic functionality you’ll need and it is also easy to navigate the features. It also presents live data in graphical or numerical format but can only show two graphs per time and it doesn’t support gauge format for live data reports.
The device also has a free companion app that helps you figure out stuff like predicting the right time to take your vehicle for repairs, identifying the car part that needs replacement, verifying fixes, and easily referencing your diagnosis history.
Does this device use Bluetooth? Yes, it is also equipped with WiFi and a high-quality cable equipped with light to show the plugin cable into the port. In all, this tool is not overly pricey and its price is worth its functionalities. One other thing, they have a responsive technical support unit who will be eager to tend to your needs each time you call on them.
- The device offers comprehensive ABS & SRS coverage.
- A universal device that offers live data graphing features.
- The product dimension is 10.25 x 8.25 x 1.5 inches,
- The item weighs 1.45 pounds.
- Suitable for diverse car makes, especially those after 1996 in Europe, Asia.
- Included in the package is a 3 AA battery.
- It has a strong cable connection.
- Has a free app “RepairSolutions2 App” which helps to personalize the performance.
- 6+ service functions including ABS, SRS checks
- All-In-One Display and Hotkeys.
- This device is affordable and easy to use.
- It is equipped with a code severity checker that helps to highlight the urgency for a repair.
- It has efficient connections; a strong cable, Bluetooth, as well as WiFi connectivity.
- The customer support unit is helpful and prompt.
- It offers great value for money.
- It can perform advanced functions like checking the braking and safety systems of your vehicle.
- Updating this device’s software can be a nightmare.
- Even though it claims to be a universal OBD-II tool, it doesn’t work quite well for all vehicles.
- The device contains substances that the California state government considers harmful to the reproductive system.
- It does not allow printing diagnosis reports.
- You’ll need to pay subscription fees to enjoy the features of the free companion app.
- It is not as intuitive as you will want it to be.
Main Features Of Innova 3150 RS
Read And Clear Code
Sure, you need your OBD-II scanner to be able to read and clear codes. And yes! The Innova 3150rs does this job perfectly and even performs beyond your expectation.
Unlike other regular scan devices in the same range, this tool offers the description of the DTCs so you don’t have to crawl over the internet to interpret the error codes.
Our Innova 3150 review also shows that this device can relay live data from your vehicle’s diagnosis in real-time.
Data relating to RPM, oil temperature, amongst many others are provided by this device.
This device is made to suit all European and Asian car makes, especially those manufactured after 1996. However, you may find that some of its features don’t work on certain vehicles.
While you can use the coverage checker on the Innova website to avoid this, you may still fall victim to this incompatibility problem regardless.
This gadget is equipped with a battery backup. But you actually don’t need the battery for the device to function.
During this Innova 3150rs review, we discovered that the manufacturer makes it possible for users to upgrade the device’s software to improve performance and ensure wider vehicle coverage but there are times when users will encounter difficulty in using this feature.
There are instances where the device is rendered useless during the process of software update as it is the case with some users of this device.
Oil Light Reset
Instead of going through the manual route to reset your vehicle’s oil light, by following user instructions curated by the manufacturer, you can seamlessly do this with the Innova 3150 tool.
Also, you can access maintenance information necessary for servicing your vehicle such as oil level and oil life via this tool.
Reset Vehicle’s Check Light
When the check light of your vehicle is on, it means there is a problem that needs to be remedied and once it is resolved, you can use this tool to switch it off so that when there is a problem next time, you will be quick to discover it.
This device refreshes itself every 30 seconds, so you don’t have to power or reset it every time you want to use it. It refreshes and displays new faults intuitively.
Advanced Features Of Innova 3150rs
The ANti-lock braking system helps to avert the risk of applying too much pressure on the brakes. The Innova device is a decisive tool for diagnosing the status of the ABS in your vehicle.
Unfunctional ABS can result in grave accidents when you don’t resolve it promptly or you apply too much pressure on the brakes
When the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) is bad, one is open to danger during an accident. The Innova 3150 helps to assess the condition of the SRS.
Code Severity Levels
The Innova 3150 is equipped with indicators that help to assess the severity of the faults in your car. You can easily tell whether the car needs a quick fix or not.
With this mobile app, you will be able to identify the exact part required for repair, maintenance schedules, unlimited free vehicle health reports among others.
Difference Between 3150 Rs VS. 3160 Rs
|Product||Innova 3150rs||Innova 3160rs|
|Price point||Lesser in price||Higher price|
|OBD-I coverage||Not compatible||Compatible with some.|
|TPMS||Not TPMS enabled||Can check TPMS|
Does this device refresh intuitively?
Yes! It does so you don’t have to worry about resetting it everytime you want to use.
Does the 3250rs have rubber pads?
No, it doesn’t have protective rubber around it.
Does this have a light on the end of the plug?
Yes, the cable does!
Do you have to pay for software updates?
For now, the updates are free.
So far, we have uncovered the tidbits of information about the Innova 3150rs review. Also, you must have discovered the advantages and disadvantages of using this device.
You should be able to conveniently tell if this tool meets your need or not, and I hope this guide makes your decision easier for you.
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.