A truck with a starter problem becomes an issue for many commercial drivers. And searching for the best jump starter for a semi-truck can be tricky. Truckers can save many worries with the right tools as they travel on the road.
There are many different kinds of jump starters in the market. While some are designed for specific trucks, others can serve various purposes. That’s why I’ve come up with the 6 best jump starters for semi trucks for you that I have already tested.
I’ll also help you with several factors you should consider before buying the jump starter. So no more talk. Let’s get jump into it!
Are Jump Starters Universal?
With regard to jump starters, there are two basic types of jump starters. The first one is called a portable jump starter, also known as a power bank. This type of car battery starter directly starts the engine by powering up the existing battery from a charged state.
Additionally, it also has extra features such as a flashlight or an air compressor for other uses and situations. The second one is called an engine start, more like an emergency truck jumper or booster.
It starts the engine by boosting the battery when the current level goes off because the alternator and battery have already been discharged so low that they cannot sustain any longer.
When Would a Semi Truck Jump Starter Come in Handy?
A semi-truck jump starter can be used whenever a problem occurs on your truck. There are a few specific occasions where you should use a jump starter.
When Your Truck Stops Running at Night
If the engine stops running, you may think it isn’t in danger, but this is not always the case. When the engine works continuously for a prolonged period, engine oil gets depleted, and fuel becomes stale.
It means your truck will run on old energy from the battery rather than new energy from fresh fuel. It also happens if you switch off the ignition every night during long road trips.
When Your Truck Won’t Start on Daybreak
If your truck won’t start on daybreak, there is a possibility that something has happened in the morning when you drove on the road for hours without starting the engine.
The most common reasons for this are bad alternators or a blocked battery. If this happens, you need an emergency truck jumper that gives you enough power for diesel engines to start your truck and get yourself home safely.
When Your Truck is Stuck in the Mud
It can happen to any truck, but you may need to turn it around to get it out if you have a semi-truck. In this case, having a semi-jump starter on hand will be very helpful.
As long as your truck is stuck in the mud and if your electrical system hasn’t been damaged, a good battery can also help. The engine should start because of its power, and a jump starter can give you extra power for the engine to start.
When Your Truck is in Heat Damage Mode
Another condition for which you will need an emergency truck jumper is when your truck has been parked in the sun or near hot parts of the road for long periods.
Extreme heat can also cause damage to the components inside the truck. That is why it is advisable to install a jump starter when you are in a remote area at night, as it will be able to keep the truck running by itself.
What Size Jump Starter Do I Need For a Semi?
The power of the jump charger you purchase depends on the size of your truck. Using a small truck, a 12-volt starter is enough to get in your semi-truck.
However, if you have a large truck, you may need a 24-volt or 36-volt jump starter to start your engine reliably. That’s why the size of your jump charger matters.
6 Best Jump Starter For Semi Truck
Here are the 6 best jump starters for a semi-truck for you to know about them in detail. Let’s have a look!
1. NOCO Boost X GBX155 UltraSafe Jump Starter
I’m writing this review to help you decide if the NOCO Boost X GBX155 is worth buying or not. I know how frustrating it can be to have your car battery die and then be unable to get the car started. So, I thought of doing this review to help out others who are like me and prefer convenience over basic jumper cables.
For starters, this is another portable jump starter I like and have owned. I also like its ultra-safe technology, which provides a spark-proof system and protects you from reverse polarity. Besides, its fast charging features and easy use capacity attract me. If you’re looking for a powerful and portable jump starter pack for your vehicle, you can go with it!
- The NOCO Boost X GBX155 is a powerful portable jump starter and power bank with incredible power to last up to two complete charge cycles.
- It is a smartly designed and simple-to-use gadget.
- It comes with 12 V Ultra Safe technology, which protects against spark-proof and reverses polarity.
- The NOCO GBX155 has a 400 peak-amp engine starter, ensuring a quick jump start-up.
- This unit has dual USB ports that can charge most electronic devices, such as cell phones, tablets, and more.
- You can also use this power bank to charge your vehicle battery via the heavy-duty alligator clamps that come with this unit.
- It’s portable and lightweight.
- Spark-proof system safe you from fire.
- It comes with a lot of power in it.
- The compact size makes it easy to store away or carry.
- It charges quickly.
- This power bank has a sleek design.
- It’s a bit pricey.
- Sometimes, it may be bulky and find challenging to use.
2. Goodall Manufacturing JP-12-10000T Corded Jump Pack
This jump pack is one of the best I have ever had. The quality of the product is excellent, and it can handle more than jump-starting a car. I was camping with my family when our Jeep got stuck in the mud. This portable battery gave me enough juice to get it out with ease. And if that wasn’t enough, we were all able to recharge our phones and tablets.
After that, we could keep in touch with our friends back home. I think this is a good option for campers. This jump pack is also great to use as an extension cord after a power outage. Other than that, it has a lot of power. And It’s well worth the price. This product is working great for me. I’m glad that I bought this jump pack over others.
- This jump starter also comes with a 12V or 10000 Amp DC power outlet, allowing the user to use it as an extension cord.
- It comes with 1 Lithium Ion battery.
- The jump starts to provide the most demanding engines of Class 8 type, which is up to 17500 CCA.
- It comes with a dual USB charging port so you can recharge other USB devices.
- Dual USB recharging ports
- Heavy duty cables
- Long battery life.
- Small size.
- Lithium Ion rechargeable battery.
- Good quality at a fair price.
- It’s pretty heavy.
- No instructions on how to charge.
3. Schumacher DSR115 Rechargeable Pro Jump Starter
When your car battery dies, you can count on the Schumacher DSR115 DSR to take care of it. You will find this jump starter helpful on any vehicle with a 12-volt battery system. I’m pleased with this purchase. I have used it to start some cars, and it works great. It’s easy to use, simple to charge, and the price is reasonable.
I’ve already recommended it to a friend looking for a reliable jump starter. It has often helped them jumpstart their vehicles with a dead battery. If you have a car, you must keep this jump starter in your trunk. It’s an essential tool that can help you with a dead battery. It’s high-powered and reliable. When I use it, my battery is usually fully charged within an hour.
- The primary feature of this product is it offers 4400 peaks Amp for diesel or any gas engine.
- It can provide long-lasting power from 525 cold crankings Amp to 750 cranking Amps when it is cold.
- This Schumacher jump starter will work with any vehicle with a 12-volt battery system.
- It features patented high-efficiency technology that protects against engine die-out and reverses polarity protection.
- This unit is easy to use, lightweight, and very small enough that you can store it in any area of the car.
- It’s easy to use,
- It can fit anywhere in your car.
- The jump starter offers long battery life.
- May this jump starter isn’t able to jump the vehicle’s battery consistently sometimes.
4. AVAPOW 6000A Car Battery Jump Starter
If you’re looking for a portable jump starter with plenty of juice, the AVAPOW 6000A is not your usual brick. This is one of my favorite things to bring in my car. It’s vast and lights up the trunk for me. The voltage isn’t super high, but it’s enough to jump a big SUV. I like that they give you a USB charger and jumper cables.
One of the best features is this jump pack’s ability to offer a dual charge at once. I can connect the two USB cords and keep everything plugged up when I use it. I get this unit very lightweight and equipped with a bright LED light, making it easier to find at night. I have used it on multiple occasions, and so far, I haven’t had any issues with it.
- The jump starter has Ultra-Bright LED Light which can be used in the dark to jump-start your car.
- The Car Jump Starter is Equipped with a Portable Car Power Pack to support 9V, 5V, and 12V.
- It provides 6000A Powerful Battery Starter for your Car or mini truck.
- This Portable Jump Starter comes with Quick Charge 3.0, DC Output, and Dual USB Charging Ports.
- This jump starter provides Li-ion Battery and serves you quick charging.
- Portable and Compact Design.
- Light Weight.
- Built-in LED Light is used in the dark to jump-start your car.
- The battery saves up to 50% of your time.
- All USB charging ports offer you quick charging.
- High power capacity and allows a wide range of applications
- The car jumper cable is not that good and gets overheated after some use.
5. Jump-N-Carry JNC1224 Jump Starter
If you’re tired of being stranded with a dead battery, it’s time to invest in a jump starter. The JNC1224 Jump Starter is designed to give your vehicle a quick power boost when needed. It’s a pretty significant piece of equipment. I required a reliable piece that would help me with various jump-starting vehicles. It’s compact, and it weighs only a few pounds.
I like the design of the JNC1224. It also comes with a carrying handle so you can easily carry it around without knocking it over. My car was able to start up just fine after I used this model. So I can thoroughly recommend purchasing this product if you’re looking for something reliable. With 3400 peak amps and 1700 cranking amps, this jumper can start even the most stubborn batteries.
- The jump starter has a capacity of 3400 peak amps starting power.
- It comes with heavy-duty construction components, giving you more starting power than others.
- The jump starter has safely switched between 24 Volts and 12 volts.
- It provides a dual-core performer battery type to supply more power.
- Another great feature is that the starter comes with an automatic charger that provides a 24/365 charging benefit.
- This unit is very affordable.
- Powerful battery jump starter.
- Easy to use.
- Has a 12V fast-charge battery.
- No risk to the user by reverse polarity.
- Not enough power to start some cars.
- The clamp is a little fragile so it could break easily.
6. Truck PAC ES6000 Jump Starter
If you are in the market for a high-quality truck jumper, you will be glad to know that an option is both powerful and lightweight. The PAC ES6000 jump starter offers 3000 peak amps and 600 cold-cranking amps, making it perfect for heavy-duty use. I like the safety features, especially automatic charging when used with a car.
The LED Battery status indicator stays on to provide an extra bit of safety while it’s charging. I also like how long it takes to charge my phone and other devices in my kit. You will be glad to connect the power cord easily to your vehicle or pack up your kit for travel. With the ES6000 jump starter, you can eliminate all that extra cord clutter when charging your devices on the go.
- The ES6000 jump starter comes with a heavy-duty starting of 3000 Peak Amps starting power.
- The jump starter also has a USB output to connect your electronic device while charging.
- It comes with 20 to 110 degrees F to protect this device from the harshest environments.
- The jump starter comes with clamps for easy connection between your vehicle and truck or battery to give a boost to your vehicles.
- Hot jaw clamps provide you with to ensure to transfer the maximum power from one to another.
- Automatic recharging system to prevent over-discharging of the battery.
- Automatic charging when connected to a vehicle.
- LED battery status indicator provides extra safety.
- A long-lasting charge ensures more power.
- Extra long cable helps you have perfect positioning.
- Durable and portable.
- The charger itself is slightly oversized and heavy but certainly portable.
Comparison Between Noco Boost X Vs Goodall
Here you can take a look at the features of the best three items so that you may make your decisions quickly.
|NOCO Boost X GBX155 UltraSafe||Goodall JP-12-10000T||AVAPOW 6000A|
|Voltage||12 Volts||12 Volts||12 Volts|
|Peak Current||4250 Amps||10000 Amps||6000 Amps|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.||1 Lithium Ion battery required||4 Lithium Ion batteries required. (included)|
|Battery Cell||Lithium Ion||Lithium-Cobalt||Lithium Ion|
|Vehicle Service Type||Passenger Car, Van, SUV, Tractor||Truck, Car||Passenger Car, ATV, SUV, Van, Motorcycle, Truck, Watercraft, Tractor, Trailer, RV or tractor|
What to looks at before buying a jump starter for semi truck
Before considering the jump starter for semi-truck, you should know the following things.
Safety is the most crucial consideration when buying a jump starter for your semi-truck. You want to be sure that battery can be started with the right equipment without getting anyone hurt in the process. If it contains spark-proof technology, that will be good for you and make you safe from fire.
It would help if you had a portable jump starter. Try to choose jump starters that can pack up into a tiny size. If you have a long trip, you want to be sure that it is easy and convenient to carry with you everywhere.
If you are going to invest money, buy something that will last long. For example, when buying a jump starter, look for one that has been made strong and has a sturdy construction.
Ease of use
You don’t want a jump starter you cannot operate without reading the manual first or without being shown how it works by someone else. You want something easy and straightforward to deal with it on your own.
Battery type- Lead-Acid or Lithium-Ion?
Both types of batteries can be used in jump start. However, it depends on the type of battery that your vehicle uses. And lead-acid batteries are not recommended for an extended period because they are prone to get corrupted and cannot provide as much power as lithium-ion batteries.
It would help if you had a jump starter with an auto-charging feature. It is essential, especially in winter when your car might be stored for quite a long time before you start driving again.
Several jump starters are available on the market, and they can be used with different vehicles. However, you must understand that their power can vary based on the vehicle’s age. The jump starter power will decrease with time as the battery inside your car will wear down.
Plenty of Power
It would help if you had a jump starter with enough power to start your semi-truck. It can be a bit tricky to find, but you need to read the product description and ensure that it can start your truck.
If you invest money in purchasing a jump starter, you will want it to last as long as possible. To make sure that it is durable and well-made, look for one that offers a warranty.
What size Jump Starter do I need for a semi-truck?
The level of the starting amperage in the pickup is at least 400 amps, but a semi needs to be greater than that. We advise at least 1,500 to 2,000 amps.
What is the best jump starter for a diesel?
There is a lot of jump starter around you. But among them Noco Boost HD GB70 UltraSafe Jump Starter, NOCO GB150 Portable Jump Starter, TrekPow TJ2500 Car Jump Starter, GOOLOO 4000A Jump Starter, and more.
Can you jump-start a semi-truck?
Jumper cables ought to be at least 15 feet long and have a thick wire. It would be best if you also had a 12-volt battery, a jump starter, or were able to use a charger.
What is the most reliable jump starter?
Among all the items NOCO Boost GBX55, Hulkman Alpha 85 Gooloo GE1200 Jump, Hulkman Alpha 85S, Stanley J5C09 Jump Starter and more are reliable for you.
Are semi trucks 12v or 24v?
Roughly 80% of Class 8 farm trucks on the road today operate on a standard,12-volt electrical system. A few Class 8 trucks utilize a 24-volt electrical system. However, developments in electrification technology are likely to influence this near future.
How many volts does a semi truck battery have?
The average battery voltage of a semi-truck is 24 volts. The most important thing to consider when choosing semi truck batteries is reserve capacity and cold cranking amps.
Jump starters are one of the most valuable tools that you can have in your car. They make things easier for you when your car starts, especially if it is cold outside. You want to be sure that you get a good quality jump starter, and it should also be portable.
If you ask me to help you choose the best jump starter for semi truck, I would like to go for NOCO Boost X GBX155 or Goodall Manufacturing JP-12-10000T. Because they come with some extra features than others. If you would know the detail, you should read the entire content.
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.