The AUTOPHIX 5600 is also a popular product from the brand. It is a full-system diagnostic tool that can be used to diagnose and troubleshoot issues related to a vehicle’s engine, transmission, ABS, SRS, and other systems.
The AUTOPHIX 5600 is compatible with Audi, VW & Skoda 16-pin OBDII protocol vehicles and can be used by both professional mechanics and car owners. The tool can be found on our store, but It is preferred that you give this review a read before proceeding to make any purchase.
AUTOPHIX 5600 Scanner
October 2, 2023
Background on AutoPhix
AUTOPHIX is a brand that offers a range of diagnostic tools and scanners for vehicles. These tools can be used to diagnose and troubleshoot various issues related to a vehicle’s engine, transmission, and other systems.
The brand offers a variety of diagnostic tools that are compatible with different types of vehicles and can be used by both professional mechanics and car owners. Some of the popular AUTOPHIX products include the AUTOPHIX 5600, AUTOPHIX OM126P, AUTOPHIX OM500, and AUTOPHIX ES910, among others.
Scanner Design and Hardware
The AUTOPHIX 5600 is a compact and portable diagnostic scanner that is roughly the size of a smartphone. Its dimensions are approximately 7.9 x 3.9 x 1.2 inches (20 x 10 x 3 cm), and it weighs about 12 ounces (340 grams). The scanner has a black plastic casing with a rugged and durable feel, making it suitable for use in tough workshop environments.
The front of the scanner features a 2.4-inch color LCD screen that displays the diagnostic information and menu options, and there are four buttons beneath the screen for navigation and selection.
The scanner’s interface is user-friendly, and it has a simple menu system that allows you to navigate through the diagnostic functions quickly and easily.
At the top of the scanner, there is an OBDII cable connector fixed into the unit that plugs into the vehicle’s diagnostic port. The connector is located on a flexible cable that can be bent and angled for easier access to the port. The scanner is powered by the vehicle’s battery, so there is no need for an external power source. The scanner also has a USB port for connecting it to a computer for updates or additional data analysis.
The AUTOPHIX 5600 does not come with a wireless connectivity option.
The AUTOPHIX 5600 diagnostic scanner comes with the following items in the box:
- The AUTOPHIX 5600 scanner unit
- A user manual that provides instructions on how to use the scanner.
- A USB cable for connecting the scanner to a computer for updates and additional data analysis
- A nylon carrying case to protect the scanner during storage and transportation
the AUTOPHIX 5600 diagnostic scanner is a plug-and-play tool, which means that it is very easy to use & carry. Simply plug the scanner into the vehicle’s OBDII port, and it will automatically power on and begin scanning for diagnostic trouble codes.
The scanner is powered by the vehicle’s battery, so there is no need for an external power source.
Overall, the AUTOPHIX 5600 diagnostic scanner is designed to be a convenient and easy-to-use tool that can help anyone quickly diagnose and troubleshoot problems with their vehicle.
Steps To Use AutoPhix 5600:
- Turn on your vehicle’s ignition: Insert the Autophix 5600 diagnostic tool into the OBD2 port located under the dashboard of your vehicle. Turn the vehicle’s ignition on to activate the tool.
- Select the diagnostic function: The Autophix 5600 has various diagnostic functions available. Select the desired function by using the arrow buttons on the tool.
- Connect the Autophix 5600 to your vehicle’s computer system: Once you’ve selected the desired diagnostic function, connect the Autophix 5600 to your vehicle’s computer system. This process may take a few moments.
- Wait for the diagnostic tool to scan your vehicle’s computer system: The Autophix 5600 will begin scanning your vehicle’s computer system for any issues. The process may take a few minutes.
- Review the diagnostic results: After the scan is complete, the Autophix 5600 will display the diagnostic results on its screen. Review the results carefully to understand any issues with your vehicle.
- Take action to resolve any issues: If any issues are detected, take action to resolve them. The Autophix 5600 may provide recommendations on how to address the issues.
- Clear any diagnostic codes: Once the issues are resolved, clear any diagnostic codes stored in your vehicle’s computer system. This can be done through the Autophix 5600 by selecting the “Clear Codes” function.
- Disconnect the Autophix 5600: Once you’ve completed the diagnostic process, disconnect the Autophix 5600 from your vehicle’s OBD2 port.
The AUTOPHIX 5600 is a cheap solution for your car. (if you own an Audi, Skoda, or VW of course)
The diagnostic scanner provides a variety of technical diagnostic functions to help you identify and troubleshoot problems with your vehicle. Here is a breakdown of some of the key diagnostic functions and their importance:
- Read and Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs): This function allows you to read and clear any diagnostic trouble codes that are stored in your vehicle’s onboard computer.
- DTCs are codes that indicate a problem with a specific system or component in your vehicle, and by reading and clearing them, you can quickly identify and resolve issues. This function is important because it helps you avoid costly and time-consuming trips to the mechanic.
- Live Data Stream: This function allows you to view live sensor data from your vehicle’s onboard computer. This data includes information such as engine RPM, coolant temperature, and vehicle speed, and it can help you identify problems that may not be immediately apparent from a DTC. For example, if you are experiencing poor fuel economy, you can use this function to monitor your vehicle’s fuel trims and oxygen sensor readings to pinpoint the issue. This function is important because it helps you diagnose problems quickly and accurately.
Special Diagnostic Functions of the AutoPhix 5600
- Oil Reset: This function is important because many modern cars have an oil change indicator light that needs to be reset manually after each oil change. If you don’t reset the light, it can cause confusion and lead to you getting unnecessary oil changes to get rid of the oil change indicator light.
- EPB Service: The electronic parking brake system is becoming more common in modern cars, and it’s important to maintain it properly to ensure the safe operation of the vehicle. The EPB service function on the Autophix 5600 scanner allows you to perform maintenance tasks such as deactivating or activating the brake control system, replacing brake pads, and more.
- Battery Registration: When you replace the battery in a car that has a battery management system, it’s important to register the new battery in the system. This ensures that the system knows the new battery’s specifications and can provide accurate battery health and charge level information. The Autophix 5600 scanner makes it easy to register a new battery in the car’s battery management system.
- ABS Bleeding: This function helps to remove air from the brake system after replacing brake components or when the system has been opened for repairs. Removing air from the brake system is important to ensure proper brake performance and prevent accidents. The Autophix 5600 scanner can perform the ABS bleeding process easily and quickly.
- SAS Calibration: The steering angle sensor (SAS) is an important safety feature in modern cars that helps to maintain stability and prevent accidents. The SAS calibration function on the Autophix 5600 scanner allows you to reset the SAS after repairs or maintenance work, ensuring that it is calibrated properly and functioning correctly. This is important for safe and accurate steering performance.
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) Reset: This function allows you to reset the tire pressure monitoring system after tire rotation or replacement, ensuring accurate tire pressure readings and optimal driving performance.
- IMMO (Immobilizer) Programming: This function allows you to program new keys or replace lost keys, ensuring that only authorized users can start and drive the vehicle.
- Electronic Throttle Control (ETC): reset is a special function that is designed to reset the throttle body control system. This function is useful in cases where the throttle response has become sluggish or unresponsive. By resetting the ETC, the Autophix 5600 can help restore the normal throttle response and improve engine performance.
The functions of the AutoPhix 5600 are over 30+, it is advised to visit their website & contact their customer support & get answers to your queries directly.
Overall, the Autophix 5600 is a solid choice for a mid-range diagnostic tool, with a good balance of features, ease of use, and affordability. However, it may not be the best choice for users who require more advanced diagnostic capabilities or extensive support.
Brief Comparison of AUTOPHIX 5600 VS AUTEL MaxiCom MK808 VS FOXWELL NT510 Elite VS Launch X431 ProS mini:
- Autel MaxiCOM MK808: This is a more advanced diagnostic tool than the Autophix 5600, with more comprehensive functions and compatibility with a wider range of vehicles. However, it is also more expensive than the Autophix 5600.
October 2, 2023
- FOXWELL NT510 Elite: This tool has similar functions to the Autophix 5600, including special functions for Volkswagen, Audi, and Skoda vehicles. However, it is slightly more expensive and has a less user-friendly interface than the Autophix 5600.
October 2, 2023
- Launch X431 PROS Mini: This is a more versatile diagnostic tool than the Autophix 5600, with compatibility for a wider range of vehicle makes and models. However, it is also more expensive and may have a steeper learning curve for some users.
October 2, 2023
In our opinion, the Autophix 5600 is a valuable diagnostic tool for anyone who wants to maintain their car’s performance and avoid costly repairs.
While it has some limitations, its range of diagnostic functions, compatibility with various car models, and ease of use make it a worthwhile investment for car owners and mechanics alike.
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.